Sixth Form Enrichment
We believe education does not end at the classroom door and strongly encourage all our students to participate in extra-curricular activities. Sixth formers fulfil crucial leadership roles as Prefects and Mentors to the younger members of the academy community. Our students are engaged in volunteering and organising charity work within the academy and local community.
Some aspects of academy life that Sixth Form students are involved in:
- Trained reading coaches providing literacy tuition and mentoring for younger students.
- Provide ICT support as technicians.
- Lunch time supervisors.
- Leadership responsiblity as Prefects.
- Our Football Academy students coach across the year groups and within the community.
- Academy radio station
- Planning, preparation and implementation of the end of term events.
- Supporting academy Open Events
- Student Leadership Team which is an essential representation of student voice within the Sixth Form and academy.
- Participation in community cohesion projects.
- The opportunity to participate in the Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme