Sixth Form Bursary
Click here to access the online form.
Please note, the deadline to apply for this academic term is Friday 9th October 2020
Please note you must login using your student Office 365 account to access the form. If there are any issues in completing the online form please email firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT IS THE 16-19 BURSARY FUND?
The fund is made available from the government for 16-19 year olds to provide assistance to students whose access to, or completion of, education is inhibited by financial constraints or barriers.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR 16-19 BURSARY FUNDING?
Students following government funded full time or part-time courses, who satisfy one or more of the following criteria:
Aged over 16 and under 19 at 31/08/20.
• Aged 19 or over on 31/08/20 and continuing on a study programme they began aged 16 to 18 or those who have an Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP).
• Meet residency criteria as per the Education Skills & Funding Agency regulations.
• Are economically or socially disadvantaged and at risk of not taking up or continuing in their education. This group includes students with physical or other disabilities, medical conditions and/or learning difficulties.
• Unaccompanied Asylum seekers.
Students between the ages 16 and 19 on 31/08/20 and who fall into one of the following categories:
• Are currently in care (as defined by social services).
• Are leaving or have recently left care.
• Are receiving Income Support, or Universal Credit because they are financially supporting themselves or financially supporting themselves and someone who is dependent on them and living with them such as a child or partner.
• Are receiving Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payments in their own right as well as Employment and Support Allowance or Universal Credit in their own right
The deadlines for each term are:
9th October 2020
11th December 2020
22nd March 2021
Payment will be made on the next available payment run after these dates, normally within 2-3 weeks of the deadline.