Our students wear their uniform with pride. It's a symbol of belonging to our academy and being part of our team. Every morning, you must ensure that you are dressed appropriately for school and that you have all the equipment you need for the day (this includes your PE kit, if necessary). Being dressed, organised and ready for the day is your responsibility. This requires organisation and planning the evening before.
Black blazer with academy badge
White plain collared shirt with academy tie
Plain dark socks or tights
Black plain tailored skirt or trousers. Please note that tight, slim fitting trousers/skirts are not permitted, nor are trousers which are of ‘stretchy’ material.
Black plain, sensible shoes (heels under 2” high)
A suitable bag which is big enough to store books, stationery and PE kit.
- Only discreet make-up is permitted
- Any students who adopt an ‘excessive’ hairstyle may be required to change the style. Tramlines are not permitted.
- Hairstyle should be a natural colour – blue, green, pink, orange or purple are not permitted hair colours.
- Any tanning should be subtle and natural looking.
- Nail extensions/varnish should be of subtle colour and the tip of the nail should be no longer than 0.5cm
- One nose stud is acceptable
- Students may wear a pair of small stud earrings.
- Necklaces, rings and bracelets are not allowed.
- Visible facial and body piercings (other than one nose piercing) are not allowed. This includes tongue piercings
- Whilst students may carry a mobile phone in their bag, this is at their own risk.
- Mobile phones/earphones & other devices are not permitted in lessons and must not be used during lesson change over. They are only permitted during break and lunchtime.
- No trainers or canvas pumps
- No sports or leisure brand logos
- No boots
- No coloured soles
- No platforms
- No studded spikes
- No heels over 2” high
We have been informed by our uniform supplier, Price and Buckland, that other than girls’ blazers which may not be fully in stock until late September, their stock and supply levels are good. Please be assured that if there is a delay with blazers, your child will not be penalised. All other arrangements for uniform remain the same as my previous correspondence. Price and Buckland are taking orders for uniform via https://www.pbuniform- online.co.uk/ormistonshelfield. Due to current circumstances, the company are offering free returns to parents/carers of new Year 7 students via http://www.royalmail.com/track-my-return/create/2864. Price and Buckland inform us that the uniform should be ordered before the 19th July in order to allow enough time for delivery and any sizing issues. Delivery is expected to begin in late July.
Academy ties are through a different supplier and can be purchased from the academy and will be available from Monday 29th June to Wednesday 2nd September (the student’s first day). Ties are £4 each and unfortunately we are unable to accept payment by card. Please observe social distancing (and current Government guidelines) when visiting the academy to purchase a tie.