We believe education does not end at the classroom door and strongly encourage all our students to participate in extra-curricular activities. Sixth Formers fulfil crucial leadership roles as part of the academy’s student leadership team and acting as mentors to the younger members of the academy community. Our students are engaged in volunteering and organising charity work within the academy and local community. Students show a willingness to participate in a variety of community and social settings, volunteering and co-operating with each other showing mutual respect and tolerance.
Some aspects of academy life that Sixth Form students are involved in:
- Students are trained reading coaches; within this role they provide literacy tuition and mentoring for students in Years 7 and 8.
- Students are subject mentors; within this role they act as role models supporting students who are underachieving
- Leadership responsibility; Our Head boy and Girl with the support of sixth form student leaders facilitate academy and community projects led by the Academy Student Leadership Team.
- Our Football Academy students coach across the year groups and within the community.
- Planning, preparation and implementation of the end of term events.
- Acting as ambassadors supporting academy events such as open evenings, Year 6 transition projects, lower school residential and sports day.
- Student Leadership Team which is an essential representation of student voice within the Sixth Form and academy.
- Participation in community cohesion projects.
- The opportunity to participate in the Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme.