Young Geographer Award
Great results at the annual Young Geographer Awards
Every year the Royal Geographical Society (with IBG) runs the Young Geographer of the Year competition. This year, the theme was ‘Where can geography take you? 15,000 students participated in the competition with a shortlist of 1,000 selected for final judging.
Victoria C (Yr12) beat the national competition to be announced Young Geographer of the Year with her essay ‘Geography opens the doors to our future’. This is an excellent achievement and we are extremely excited about Victoria’s awards ceremony at the Royal Geographical Society in London.
Our Year 8 winners:
- Amelia T - geography can take you to a sustainable future)
- Eleanor H - geography can help us protect species in the future
- Kamari G - geography can take you to extreme places)
- Pavan G - geography can take you to a mission possible
Our Year 11 winners:
- Louise G - geography opened doors to the future
- Gurminder B - geography took her to an understanding of her family’s journey in the past, present and future.
Congratulations to all of the competition winners, we are incredibly proud of all of their achievements.
Why not follow the Geography Department Twitter feed? @shelfieldGeo.