By fostering strong links with our local feeder schools, we can support the academic and pastoral transition of students to ensure they are able to make the move to secondary school as smooth as possible.
In addition to our focused transition programme for helping year 6 students make the move to Shelfield, we also forge a range of links across the academic year that aim to share resources and good practice and develop stronger relationships between the schools, parents and students. At present, we work alongside local schools by:
- Hosting and support the computer networking and internet capabilities of some primary school networks.
- Providing access to the Academy resources such as specialist staff, access to our Innovation Room, drama and media facilities and hosting events in the academy theatre and meeting rooms.
- Providing support to enhance and fulfil primary curriculum requirements.
- Regular moderation events for a Primary Cluster.
During the current academic year, we are working in collaboration with a number of local primary schools on a variety of projects. These include:
- Utilising our Green Screen technology to transport students to ancient Egypt
- Students are creating healthy breakfasts in our Food Technology rooms
- MFL collaborations
- Titanic augmented reality project