Before applying for a place for your child in Year 7 for September 2017 please read the booklet concerning Admissions to Secondary Schools which is supplied by your Local Authority. You need to complete the online Application for Secondary Transfer by 31st October 2016, which is available on the Authority website from 14th September 2016, then you MUST complete the Ormiston Shelfield Community Academy form on line or download the form from the links below and please return this form to:
Admissions at Ormiston Shelfield Community Academy, Broad Way, High Heath, Pelsall, Walsall. WS4 1BW
Your form MUST arrive at the Ormiston Shelfield Community Academy’s Admissions Office by 4.00pm on the closing date, 31st October 2016. If you deliver it to your child’s Primary School, allow sufficient time for it to be forwarded to the Ormiston Shelfield Community Academy’s Admissions Office by the closing date.All applicants MUST take an NFER non-verbal reasoning test, which this year is on 19th November 2016.
Arrangements for conducting the tests will be sent to you during the first week of November 2016, any queries contact the admissions office on 01922 685777 ext 1105.
The online application form on the basis of aptitude for sport can also be downloaded and sent to the Admissions office. Further information will be provided upon receipt of this form. Please remember to fill in the normal Ormiston Shelfield Community Academy form too.
- All mid-term transfer requests will be co-ordinated through the Academies Admissions Service for approval before admission takes place.
- Before applying, parents are encouraged to arrange a visit to the Academy, after which parents should complete the Ormiston Shelfield Community Academy application form available here
- The application form should be returned to Ormiston Shelfield Community Academy for the attention of the Admissions Officer. The aim, wherever possible, is to process mid-term admissions within 10 working days (5 days if the child is indicated as in care), delays may occur where further evidence is required such as fair access information or out of authority applications.
- A decision letter will either offer a place or refuse the place because the Academy is full. The refusal letter will also give details of the current waiting list and the student’s position on the waiting list.
- For further information on any of the above please contact Ormiston Shelfield Community Academy on 01922 685777 and request mid-term admissions.
Online Application form for Ormistion Shelfield Community Academy 2017 please click here
When applying for a sports place you must also fill in the above application form!
Online Application form for a Sports place 2017 please click here